Thursday, July 7, 2011

March 2008 technique challenge: Grungy Monday

Hello Grungy Mondayers! This week our friend Linda at Studio L3 is challenging us with an amazingly fun and interesting technique!

Check out what Tim and Linda have us revisiting from Tim's March 2008 technique challenges: HERE. For this one you'll need some perfect pearls, distress reinker and paint dabbers (among other products that I feel sure are already sitting nearby).

Also remember that if you want to venture out on your own occasionally Tim has plenty to offer on his blog to keep you busy for days and weeks and, as far behind as some of us are: Forever.

Back to this week's challenge for me, though! I misted with perfect pearls-infused sprays in fired brick, crushed olive and chipped sapphire over a swirly sort of image.

My spraying technique never results in anything even remotely close to as clean and defined as Tim's, but I like it anyway (foot stomping on ground).

I stamped over the entire pearly inky tag with a peacock stamp, then embellished with a corner adornment and grunge "E" that is inked with peeled paint, embossed with black "escape" text and is holding a beaded dangly thingy.

My own twist for this project, because you know I can't Just Stick To The Plan Ma'am, can be seen in the stamping of the main image: The peacock.

Our beautiful bird is actually stamped twice, once in opaque white, then again in black, slightly offset from the white to create a shadowed effect.

Tell me what you think of my project, then go to Studio L3 to check out what artists from around the world are doing with Tim's techniques!

18 comments:

  1. Love it, the colours are so exciting. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -I just love you tag. Great job.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a fab tag, love the way you offset the peacock. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is fantastic. Great colors and I love your peacock. I just did offset stamping on my last project. Great minds and all that..I think the dangly thing is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you tag is the bees knees, the peacock is a very cool stamp and your over stamping takes the cake. Your misting is absolutly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. Love the colours and your peacock the way he is offset. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey
    Awesome! The stamping is fabulous. The peacock is beautiful to start with and the double stamping, Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you think I am just saying this, but I truly love yours and believe it is better than TH! I won't fess up to that though! Love your color combination and that Peacock image is divine! Beautiful GM14 creation! I am battling with mine and have such a hard time with the paint dauber! Maybe it is the paint, because it could not be me???? You rocked this friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant tag here and I love that Peabody!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colours and the bird and flourish are very flamboyant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag! I love the subtle bird with the resist technique, and your colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours and great stamping.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it! Your tech came out PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great tag, the background looks wonderful. Love the use of the chain.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grrrrr.....stupid blogger won't let me post! anyhoos!
    I love your tag! I really like that the bird is a hint versus a shout on it!

    P.S....I haven't tried burning the candle with the alcohol inks....I'll give it a go and let you know the outcome!
    Starla
    exploringcreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracy, my dear, I've been far too absent from your blog lately. How are you, girl?? Still coming to Boise this summer?

    I'm loving this gorgeous work of art you created for GM14! I don't think you could have found a more perfect set of images to use-- the flourish and peacock are so pretty together, and the Big E is a clever and cool embellishment. "Escape" is the word lately-- everyone I know is jonesing to get away!

    Your spraying technique is great! I can never get that super-consistent pattern, either, but I'm fine with it (it's distressed, right?), and your special twist with the peacock image deserves a tutorial, I think. VERY cool effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tracy I think your tag is Gorgeous. I started mine but looks like c**p. Don't know if I'll get mine done in time now. Yes I'm one of those thats way behind!LOL
    Have a great Sunday
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tag! you did a good job with the resist technique. I also like your choice of stamps.

    ReplyDelete