Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gothic arches become primitive art charms

I'm continually surprised by what we create because it so often begins as one thing and ends up being something entirely different.

Today's project, using a fancy gothic window from AlphaStamps, careened away from my original intention of a modern styling and ended up in this primitive style with a somewhat voyeuristic theme.

I can't remember what caused this change except to point you to nearly all of my previous posts ... in which my typical inability to Stick With A Subject is apparent.

Anyhow, I love the Dresden border and the crackled pink finish and the adorable couple who are just about to kiss.

In the full picture our lovers are on the way to sharing a cocktail provided by cupid. That makes so much more sense than cupid with a backpack full of arrows, don't you agree?

Now I need to get back to creating since I have eleven more fancy gothic windows sitting on my craft desk!


6 comments:

  1. Tracy, Great use of the gothic arch. and perfect for the upcoming Valentines holiday!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is perfection! So very cool! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pink crackle finish. Whenever I do it it is always a bit of a hit or miss. Goodness that is a lot of arches to be altering. Which reminds me that I have some dominoes to get cracking on with myself. Wonder who sent them!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes!!! I certainly would prefer the cocktail of a back full of arrows! Have I ever told you that you are a riot?? Love the pink perfection and great inspirations for Valentine's Day! Well I sure hope you have a wonderful NYE and the best of 2013! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete