Drunken Stampers posted the Distressed chipboard challenge on May 22.
Between completely over-inking the chipboard during round one of distressing, causing an overnight wait before it dried, and changing the design half a dozen times, this project has been on my mind every day this week. And I'm glad it took so long.
First, if the process had been quicker I never would have remembered the acrylic stamp wings for the smaller hearts (or the hearts, for the matter). Next, the best part of this project would still be hiding somewhere in the creative haze waiting to be discovered.
You see, at roughly day four I was still very unhappy with the look of the chipboard "hardware" on this piece. I finally decided I'd try to do some heat embossing and if that didn't work ... start again.
Honestly I figured it wouldn't look good no matter what I did, so I carelessly grabbed the first "sticky stuff" I could see -- a bottle of Mod Podge.
I gooed each of the chipboard pieces with a Q-Tip dipped in the Mod Podge then sprinkled green emobssing powder here and there.
In case you'd like to try it yourself, just remember that more Mod Podge results in larger, crustier bubbles.
As for the remainder of the project: There are the small hearts from a Martha Stewart punch, the large heart and wings from Cricut Indie Art cartridge on a paper from DCWV Rockstar Mat Stack, and the backer piece which was put through a Cuddlebug with the Zebra print embossing folder.
OK ladies, give me another one! I'm ready!