Saturday, April 9, 2011

If I had a million dollars: A Drunken Stampers Challenge

This week we're thinking big at the Drunken Stampers pub, we're thinking big bucks ... like a million of them.

What would you do if you had a million dollars? Aside from discover that a million dollars isn't quite the windfall it was a few years ago.

We've got a house that it'd be fun to pay off ... and then ... well, haven't you laughed with someone about what you'd do with a big ol' chunk of cash?

I have, and in addition to making sure everyone in our family has a few less bills ... I'd never clean the bathroom again. NEVER. I'd hire a woman, a man, a complete stranger, absolutely anyone who'd be willing to clean my bathroom.

The position wouldn't be hard to hire for, I wouldn't think. After all, our bathrooms aren't filthy ... they're only bathrooms. A sink, a toilet, a tub, a floor.

Still, had I any choice in the matter our bathroom would be like the ones we had at summer camp. All concrete and stainless steel with a giant drain in the middle of the floor. That way instead of scrubbing and wiping and rinsing I could grab the pressure washer and let gravity do the work.

Hey! Maybe THAT is what I should do with a million big ones! Call in the concrete man to build us a really luxurious concrete bathroom!

Oh well. I don't need any of those things, but it was fun to think about all of it while playing with the "JJ Ugly" image from Bugaboo Stamps.

I colored her on the computer, and printed twice so that I could cut out her mop and "pop" that bit for a 3D appearance. She's backed with embossed and sanded card stock and a bit of designer paper from Die Cuts With a View. Her glasses and a few places here and there are shimmery with a little glitter-filled gel ink courtesy of GelWriter.

Now it's your turn: Drop by the Drunken Stampers challenge blog and show us what you'd do with a million dollars!

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get that picture of me??? Love that "Housework makes you ugly." Love how you colored Mrs. Cleaver! The broom does have such a nice pop. Very fun card! Not sure what I would do with a million! My DH would quit work, something for the kids and then the animal shelter. Maybe a motorhome!!! Have a great weekend! There is a Margarita or two calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific picture and sentiment, such a truism. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real fun piece, she is one super Mrs Mop, love the sentiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Totally fun piece! And I'm totally there on the concrete bathroom, especially when you live with a man...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love her glitter glasses and the message of the card. I know just who I would give it to! I'm visiting from Project Scrap our stash and I hope you did well in March ;)

    ReplyDelete