Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Altered Alice Chapter 4 Challenge Week 1: Time

Observant readers of this blog will notice that I'm a guest design team member this month at The Altered Alice!
 
What no one needs to be terribly observant to realize is that I'm filled with glee and excitement for this guest spot! I love The Altered Alice!

So, below is the Chapter 4 Challenge Week 1 introduction written by The Altered Alice's Mad Hatter, Lynne Phelps, please read on and find the time to participate!
Alice sighed wearily. `I think you might do something better with the time,' she said, `than waste it in asking riddles that have no answers.'
`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter, `you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'
`I don't know what you mean,' said Alice.
`Of course you don't!' the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. `I dare say you never even spoke to Time!'
`Perhaps not,' Alice cautiously replied: `but I know I have to beat time when I learn music.'
`Ah! that accounts for it,' said the Hatter. `He won't stand beating.'
-- Chapter 7, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Time marches on and it's time for a new challenge at The Altered Alice, and the challenge is to make something that represents TIME! Take your time, you have until May 27 at 8 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4:00) to show us YOUR timely creation!
There are so many ways to represent time: You could use a clock or a watch, hourglass, calendar. Take some TIME to think about it and then be sure you submit on TIME because TIME flies! OK, I think I have it out of my system . . . or is that my clockworks? 

Click this caption to visit Fresh Brewed Designs
Our sponsor this month is Fresh Brewed Designs, and they have some fabulous Alice in Wonderland digi images that some of the design team will be using. The randomly chosen winner of this month's challenge will receive five digi stamps of their choice from the Fresh Brewed Designs store!

While it is not required that you use Alice in Wonderland images, we do encourage it. Entries that feature some aspect of Wonderland will be entered twice for the prize drawing!

Three guest designers will be joining us for May:  Jess Marin of My Scrap Diary will be sharing her project in our Week 3 post, and Retta Fox of Foxy's Weblog and Tracy (CuddlyBunny) of Not a Moment to Spare will be sharing their creations during our Week 4 inspiration post.

I know you will enjoy seeing the work of these talented designers, some of whom you will recognize as past entrants to our challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Ah ha time white rabbits and pocket watches is it? Thinking hat on, again XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy days! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team, hope you enjoy the journey. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete