Sunday, July 4, 2010

Alcohol ink monoprint flower: A Studio L3 Compendium challenge

Woohoo! I'm back with my second try at the alcohol ink monoprint for Linda's Studio L3 Compendium challenge!

I'm much, much happier with this attempt: Probably because I had a better concept going in to this project.

Also, I realized that since I don't own one of Mr. Holtz's recommended craft mats I needed to experiment more with my surfaces. I ended up using plastic wrap (after trying a silicone mat, aluminum foil and a cookie sheet).

This finished design is an alcohol ink monoprint flower (starting from a Cricut die cut), mounted on copper wire and embellished with a flashing leaf that has been embossed and inked.

When I have time (ha ha) I might make a whole garden of monoprint flowers!

Don't forget to stop by L3 to join this week's challenge before midnight July 4 or on July 5 for the fourth challenge in the series!

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely, very creative. The teflon sheets that tim uses is pretty much the same as a silicon sheet that I read you tried. I have a SilPat baking sheet. but know way I am using that! too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, CB, you're just going gangbusters! New Design Team gig and still time to make TWO pieces for the Compendium Challenge! This is brilliant, by the way-- what a fabulous concept, and I think you SHOULD do an entire garden of these beauties!

    ♥~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created an awesome flower right down to the leaf!!! Really cool! I got TH larger mat at JoAnn's or Michaels with a 40% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your flower is beautiful - love how you embossed the leaf.Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flower is totally gorgeous and I love your other monoprint as well. Terrific.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you get it sussed you get it sussed! This is stunning looking forward to seeing what you do for the next one. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever use of this technique! Great job. Thanks for coming by my nlog and commenting! Come by again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think an entire garden would look amazing! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful flower! I love the cloudy background you've created and the embossed leaf is wonderful. Great idea and wouldn't make a fantastic garden of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy canoodles...this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete