Saturday, July 10, 2010

Let water inspire you: A Drunken Stampers Challenge

These week The Drunken Stampers pub finds us thinking of water.

That's right folks: Use your favorite ocean-themed stamp or a technique that requires the life-giving stuff, it's up to you.

It's tough to see at this point, because so much was added afterward, but my own card is dedicated to water in our craft rooms via a Tim Holtz technique.

The inks around three Cricut-cut masks were sprayed with a bucket of water, which caused them to bleed together and into the white areas.

Two layers of stamping are provided by a Stampin' Up wheel (do I use those things EVERY week?) and bubble wrap (thank the kind folks at Gingersnap Creations for this cool idea).

The flower, tag and heart embellishments are soft chip board pieces coated in Close To My Heart sunflower ink.

Three rhinestone brads fill the flower centers, red tinsel embossing powder is making the heart shiny and the "Merci" sentiment is another Stampin' Up item, embossed with Martha Stewart black embossing powder (EK Success).

I hope you like this creation, and that you'll join us at Drunken Stampers.

4 comments:

  1. that is so funny! Last weekend I cut a bunch of masks with my cricut, I cut the eiffel tower overlay out of acetate
    (misrable to work with) and also some wrought iron masks and made some tags, nothing finished but I love your sample and I think I will play along this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Looks like it was fun to make. Some of my favorite colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you clever girl, you water-stamped it! And, zowie, is it ever gorgeous! I am LOVING all those layers of imagery you created, and you just-right embellishments, too.

    You are so freaking talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, love how you used water in this weeks challenge! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete