Saturday, July 17, 2010

A sketch: A Drunken Stampers Challenge

Drunken Stampers has an awesome sketch this week, I know because I'm a team member and tried it out myself.

It's a layout that lends itself to several design options, including the one I chose, Asian inspired.

My Chinese character sort of means "happiness." Sort of because I tweaked the shape a bit to get the exact fit you see here.

This card also features a stamped and pearlized branch from a Cricut die-cut (woohoo to cutting whatever stamp shape I need, whenever I need it).

I used a Cuttlebug folder for the pressed embossing and designer paper from Die Cuts With a View. Also, the branch background is inked with Distress Ink Tie Dye.

Hope you like this, and that you'll find a minute to join the Drunken Stampers Challenge!

5 comments:

  1. CB you did a wonderful job with the sketch! I so wish I could cut any stamp I wanted whenever I wanted! Life would be almost perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love the colours and design. I also wish I had a cut any stamp I wanted as well, how fab would that be.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CB, you've taken this sketch to a whole new level, girlfriend! I love that you went Asian-- it's the perfect elegant simplicity that makes your card so spectacular. Bravo, little sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color combinations. Love how you tweaked the image for perfect placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sketch is lovely. Loving the idea of a curry Pop Corn, for hubby that is. I like mine SWEET! and your DEP love that tag and the stamps you used very clever

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete