Friday, July 2, 2010

Memory glass and alcohol ink

Apparently Memory Glass has been around awhile, but I've somehow missed the excitement until a recent trip to a local scrapbook shop.

Last week, while searching for a couple of needed products for the week's Compendium challenge, Sue at Scrapbook Paradise introduced to Memory Glass and the possibilities therein.

I'm only just learning about these products and techniques, but this stuff sure seems very cool to me.

This little suncatcher is made with two pieces of 2-inch square Memory Glass. I squeezed a few drops of ink onto one side of a glass square, along with two drops of pearl mixatives.

Next, I cut a strip of self-adhesive brass foil and carefully placed a strand of clear monofilament along the center of the strip.

Finally, I placed the second square on top of the inked square and edged both pieces with the strung foil.

Tada! Suncatcher!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning! Beautiful work cb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! I have never used memory glass, but now I will! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm SO going to make one of these. This is beyond cool, CB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is fabulous keep forgetting to play with these.

    ReplyDelete