Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who's a Designated Stamper?

Thanks to founders Peggy and Spike and official designer Linda, I'm now a Designated Stamper!

Not that I wasn't before, but now I get to carry a license or certificate or something that makes it completely legal to handle stamps and ink and sharp tools while enjoying a pint or cocktail.

Until now I've been in training. Now I'm a professional Drunken, I mean, Designated Stamper!

So, on to this week's challenge, which I hope you'll join: Use a summer or vacation theme!

As you might know from my previous summer-related post, summer is not my favorite season. However, I do love barbecue and, since childhood, have adored sleeping under the stars.

My card for the week then, is a mix of Color Box and Martha Stewart inks, sponged onto white gloss card stock over stars stamped with silver Adirondack Dabber.

I water washed the entire thing to soften the pink and blue, then added a moon sticker on a pop-up acryclic.

The sentiment is simply printed and trimmed to a desired fit.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you soon in the DS lounge.

3 comments:

  1. Love the nice soft look of the summer sky! So excited to have you with us offically! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CB, I'm so excited that you're an official, card-carrying Drunken Stamper Design-Type now! It's awesome to have you on the team!

    I gasped--literally-- when I saw this card, because it's so pretty and so totally the kind of dreamy look I love.

    And finally, a bit of advice: Don't set your cocktail on your crafting table unless you're REALLY into the distressed look. I learned that the hard way...

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I just had two double Margaritas, so what am I?? Your card is just so soft and pretty. Love it! Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete